Re: under gear over rev

To: Nt788@aol.com, nafzger@vtc.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: under gear over rev
From: <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 12:51:01 -0500
Jack,  The way I understand "Tractive Effort"  which is eng tor. x RA X tire
correction - friction loss the gears are just as important in LSR as Drag
racing. wmts  in most case one is better off sligntly under gearing and then
over revving.. 4 mile race 1 mile trap  nearly all cars will go faster if the
are maxed out at the 4 and carry that speed for a mile..  most drivers hate
this.