Re: SBC head cooling (Food for Thought)

To: Richard Kensicki <richk@spartajunction.com>
Subject: Re: SBC head cooling (Food for Thought)
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:08:46 -0800
Richard,

I am convinced that they are worth it! After switching to gasoline, I
found cooling the engine to be a problem. After installing the lines, I
notice a very different heat pattern on the head gasket between the
center cylinders.

I have been using this setup for a couple of years. These are very small
lines, but they let the steam out giving water a chance to do some
cooling in this area. This concept has been applied for a number of
years to the SBC. My setup uses lines from a plate under the thermostat
housing to the head.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC