Re: Book Reviews/media exposure

To: Russel Mack <rtmack@concentric.net>, Jon Wennerberg <jonw@up.net>
Subject: Re: Book Reviews/media exposure
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:15:18 -0800
Now am I missing something here?

Jon and Nancy help out a guy for a cross country trip and it's an adventure.
But the guy never publishes the story.

Keith, on the other hand, does another racer a favor.  Picks him (and his
bike with a flat tire) up in the middle of America, and takes him to the
Bonneville Salt Flats.  Along the way the guy (who happens to have blue
hair) serenades Keith with a good approximation of Frank Sinatra, goes to
the flats, runs his bike, goes back home and publishes an article about it
in a national motorcycle magazine.

As I see it, Keith has a great story he has shared with all of us for some
time ... as did the recipient of his largesse.  Keith takes crap from Glen
and the rest of the folks on the list.  Jon happens to come along and
mention something he has forgotten and he has a "great adventure" ... he
gets the free flight and ride back but the guy never writes the story and
Jon never mentions Nancy's singing.

Which one knows how best to milk the media?

Wes