RE: World's Largest Roadster

To: "'Elon'" <netstuff@attbi.com>, LSR-List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: World's Largest Roadster
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:16:51 -0600
Elon;

I'm pretty sure that is the same tank engine that powered our Corporal
missile transporter. That was one strange vehicle-- built by LeTorneau, it
had electric motors inside each wheel hub and the monster was steered by
flipping a toggle switch back and forth. Exciting to "drive" at 50mph!

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ