This Rang A Bell With Me ...... How About YOU ??? ( NON - LSR )

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: This Rang A Bell With Me ...... How About YOU ??? ( NON - LSR )
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:11:16 EST
Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D.-Age Activated Attention Deficit
                          Disorder.  This is how it manifests :

      I decided to wash my car. As I start toward the garage, I notice
that there is mail on the hall table. I decide to go through the mail
before I wash the car. I lay my car keys down on the table, put the
junk mail in the trash can under the table, and notice that the trash
can is full.
       So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out
the trash first. But then I think, since I'm going to be near the
mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills
first.
      I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only
one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go
to my desk where I find the bottle of beer that I had been drinking.
       I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the
beer aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the
beer is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator
to keep it cold.
      As I head toward the kitchen with the beer, a vase of flowers on
the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered. I set the beer
down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been
searching for all morning.
     I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going
to water the flowers. I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill
a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left
it on the kitchen table. I realize that tonight when we go to watch
TV, we will be looking for the remote, but nobody will remember that
it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where
it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.  I splash some water on
the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote
back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

     At the end of the day: the car isn't washed, the bills aren't
paid, there is a warm bottle of beer sitting on the counter, the
flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook,
I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember
what I did with the car keys.
     Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm
really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really
tired. I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some
help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.
      Do me a favor, will you ? Forward this message to everyone you
know, because I don't remember to whom it has been sent.

  ( THE PART ABOUT ALWAYS LOOKING FOR HIS GLASSES
                   SEEMED AWFULLY FAMILIAR TO ME !!! )
                                     Bruce