Hydraulic Jack Question

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Hydraulic Jack Question
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:18:28 -0800 (PST)
Here's an easy one for you guys, but it's got me baffled.  What is the proper
way to top off fluid in a floor jack.  My jack recently decided to lose about
four inches of lift and the handle feel tells me it's just pumping air at the
end.  I've tried adding fluid with the jack down, and I've tried with it
extended, but either way, the reservoir seems to be full and won't accept any
more fluid.

Dick J In East Texas