RE: Pierson Coupe Story

To: <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: RE: Pierson Coupe Story
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:29:46 -0600
Tom:
I have repeated your story to several people since I read it.  What keeps
coming back to me is all the people who would drop by at Bonneville and ask
"is this the Pierson Coupe?"-- and you didn't know-- and finally the guy who
dropped by and looked inside and said "this IS the Pierson Coupe"-- and he
knew, because he had fabbed items that were still in it.  Great story-- I'm
really enjoying sharing it with friends who aren't on our list.  Man, I love
racing!

I can't imagine what car that was that had the wing strut frame.  All I am
sure of is that I read about it in the same general time frame as the
Pierson Coupe, and I remember seeing an article later saying that the owners
had to replace the strut framework with something more conventional due to
"metal fatigue".  I am pretty sure that car was also a coupe.

Russ, #1226B