Re: Motor cost

To: <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Motor cost
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 04:00:50 -0600
Larry.... this is where we kinda gotta go shopping like a girl....  First
off don't go to the dollar store looking for a Gucci Dress....  If you want
to build a street rod... Summit is just fine...  and I've used them and
Jeg's to put several nice parts on my car..... But when it was time to build
a Motor they just don't have the parts.... least not the quality parts that
are going to give you the last 25% hp that's avalible...

There are some class's where you can pick records that are lower then
others.... and like my car you can hurt yourself in car selection... putting
yourself in situations that require that last little bit out of a motor
size...  Hence one of the reasons I've decided to stop racing the Camaro
after this year..... it's just not the right car and motor size .... the
records I have to compete against have just been moved to very  high
levels.... the performance required at this point is not going to happen
with a 80% effort....

The 25K is very cheap if you want to know the honest truth.... it's just a
different reality then most of us are used to.... If you want a C motor Grib
is absolutely going to be your man.... cause he can put you in a real deal
motor for less then 25K.... a lot less...  and it's going to be a motor with
all the development work done on it.... but even it's a comprimise to the
rules of Nascar.... it's not the Ultimate C motor....just a heck of a lot
better then most C motors that have set records to this point.

Keith ( yes it's still an amature sport... so having fun still has to be the
name of the game...but to quote Dave.... Setting records can be Fun too)