Teaching About LSR

To: Landspeed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Teaching About LSR
From: Katie Young Cortez <drylakercr@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 21:03:03 -0800
Hello all--

Well, I don't want to write a book here, but let me give you some background
information before list my resquests for help:

I teach at an elementary school that has an elective type program for our
students. The children are given a choice of where to go to class for 16
Wednesdays in the school year. It is called an Enrichment Program.

Well, I have volunteered to teach two 1 hour classes for 8 of the weeks on
LSR to 2nd-4th graders. And, Now I am looking for some of your ideas on what
the most important and interesting things, you think, I could share with the
children (all between 8 and 11 years old).

I was thinking of trying to have them design their own car/bike as a final
project, but I am not sure how to go about this as our school is in SERIOUS
financial trouble, so we don't have the money for pinewood derby type
materials. Plus, I am nervous about using sharp instruments with them! If
you have any ideas in this area I also welcome them!

Thanks for your time and assistance!

:-) Katie Young Cortez

P.S. My dad thinks the coolest part about this is bring the cars down for a
show and tell!