Re: Blizzard of 1978/'47 (non lsr)

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Blizzard of 1978/'47 (non lsr)
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 10:07:49 -0800
There was a passenger train that was stopped for three days in 1947 by
snowdrifts on the south end of the Salt Lake Valley.  People living nearby
took the passengers in until the tracks could be cleared of major drifts for
over a mile ahead.  Above the tracks is a sand "bench" that sloughed off in
several places after it warmed up, covering the tracks again.  Now there are
lots of houses on that area and I'm just waiting for another BIG winter to
see how many of those houses stay where they are.

Wes