Re: calking material for holes in firewall

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: calking material for holes in firewall
From: DALE KRUMHEUER <dmirror@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:58:14 -0800 (PST)
Allen, depending on the size, say 1/8 inch to 3/8, I use 3M  body caulk, it's
similar to tar and you can paint over it. Remains flexible. For larger holes, I
use (get ready) old mouse pads, cut to schape, spray adhesive on the cloth
surface and stick it where you please. Cuts easy, stays put, especially if you
spray adhesive on the fabric surface and the firewall.
Obviously, nieither will prevent gases or flames from passing through...

 Allen Young <riveroak@cncnet.com> wrote:List, I'm sure this subject has been
done before, but can someone let me
know what is a good product to use to fill holes in firewalls and other areas?
Can it be painted? Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Allen in Oroville Ca.