Re: Mule Motor Autopsy

To: "Bill Pokey Bennett" <bennevl@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: Mule Motor Autopsy
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 04:33:21 -0600
Bill.... I think Jerry came up with the exact right answer.... What I have
to tell you is that he was #2.... Dave decided the same thing yesterday
morning.... we were chatting on the phone about it.... and I explained the
exact whole pass.... and his answer was springs causing lifter issues....
shaaaaSaaammm  cam issues followed by rod issues....

Moral to the story.... hmmm   Run a Roller cam?.... Don't let in-experienced
folks drive the car?  Never make a pass without the Data acq turned on?   So
on and so forth...  The only issue I have with this is one of the greatest
joys I've had running this car is sharing it.... so I doubt that is going to
change....

By the way the Rpm limit was at 6000 ..... The Hydraulic cam was good for
around 6800 according to Comp Cam's.... and the springs were backed off
between seasons.....

Keith
----- Original Message ----- > ----- Original Message -----