Fw: Bonneville History Question - - 1955

To: "autox" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Bonneville History Question - - 1955
From: "WILKINSON" <gary_ellen@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:30:44 -0700
Hi, we received the following question and was wondering if someone on the
list could help out with an answer.  We'll be happy to forward the answer
back to him.
Ellen Wilkinson
Utah Salt Flats Racing Association
World of Speed Sept. 19 - 22, 2003
Look forward to seeing you on the Salt!

I am corresponding with a gentleman in Italy who builds and sells models of
land speed record cars.  He currently is offering a model of the Class H
Cooper streamliner which ran at Bonneville in 1954, when I was there to see
it.  He has asked me if this same car ran in 1956 - - he says he is sure it
ran in 1955.  We know that the car apparently went on to SCCA racing in
California with a Porsche engine, and in fact there are several replicas
built from molds taken from the original.

Would it be possible for someone there to check the 1955 entry list and see
if there was a class H Cooper streamliner running (probably entered by John
Fox), and what was its entry number?  Or, could you suggest where I might
get that information?

Thank you very much.  I still have fond memories of that 1954 meet.

                                Fred Mitchell,     Dallas, TX