2003 Rule Books

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2003 Rule Books
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:32:33 -0700
I've been asked about 2003 rule books and promised those people I'd check.

Latest word I have had is the rule books are six weeks from being available
in mid April.

My guess is that there won't be any major changes or we would have heard
rumors about them by now ... but please don't hold me to that ... it's only
a guess.

Most major rule changes are for driver protection and are the result of
recent problems, whatever they may have been.  I do think that the committee
is being VERY careful to define certain safety points and that is the
primary cause for the delay.

Wes