Transmissions woe's Solved

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmissions woe's Solved
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:30:29 -0600
I've been trying to sort out my Transmission issues and finally found a
quality answer... Nascar uses a couple of different transmissions these
days... but one of the highest quality is the Tex racing 101....  problem is
they cost over 6 grand.... which is a bit steep..... anyway I talked to Mike
Powel there yesterday and he was telling me that they just upgraded a part of
the trans and many of the teams have traded in used 101's....  These are out
there and available for around 28-3500 dollars direct from Tex...  he'll put
the gears of choice in and then Dyno it to ensure it's quality.

I ordered a 241 first gear... 148 second ... 115 third and a 1-1 fourth....
the thing even comes with a long shifter for that price.... which I thought
was pretty dapper...

They can be reached at 910 428 9522

Keith ( again no interest in the company.... just sharing a quality parts
source. )