Re: Ed Van Scoy and new Corvette Magazine

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Ed Van Scoy and new Corvette Magazine
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:06:38 -0700
Yeah, well..... At least that old junk Vette photographs well
on the salt....If I had the foresight to paint it pink, I
would prolly get a lot of press ;-) And ya got to hand it to
Mike LeFevers, his engines get it down to the other end a lot
faster than mine! ( but mine don't leak oil either - until
rods go through the side of the block....) BESIDES, If I had
your engine money (see photo of K's engine on Landracing.com)
I would burn mine! Now, I don't want to start a rant here,
but, it was a nice thing for Ken to mention that article to
the "community"... Sombody pee in your Wheaties this AM ;-)
Heck just because I don't suck up to the editors of the
"mainstream" rags, which happen to LIKE girly Camaros & splash
your ride all over their pages.... One of these days they are
gonna find out that it goes three miles-BOOM!, three
miles-BOOM!, three miles- BOOM! etc, and apologise to their
readers. (yeah, I know, that was a REAL low blow) OOPS! There
I go using that word BLOW again ;-)
Ed (running for cover, anticipating response)

>Okay Ken.... now pay attention... this is were ole Ed pipes
in and says
>something bout getting lucky and them finding some old
pictures of his junk
>somewhere.....
>
>Gotta love poor mouthing.... poor ole Ed and his Junk Yard
Corvette....
>thing barely gets outta it's own way.... but every once in a
while he's
>lucky enough to buy a Mitec Motor and sneak into the record
books...

>what a riot...
>
>Keith ( down here in the south the ole rednecks take poor
mouthing to a
>level representing a fine art )

"Corvette
>> Magazine."  I'm not sure we need another one but then I
digress.