racing seats

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: racing seats
From: Ralph Forsythe <rf-list@centerone.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:34:41 -0700 (MST)
Where is a good place to get a racing seat?  Any recommendations on
brands, comments about quality, etc?  This would be going in an old Ford
pickup so I have something to strap a harness to (that old stock bench
seat just ain't gonna cut it!).

I'd like to find something cheap, but I don't want a POS either.  Should
the unthinkable happen, the extra $100 is probably worth it to protect my
sorry arse.  Of course I'm broke too...  But hey, if I were loaded I'd be
building up something more than an old beat up truck. =)

On the plus side I made a lot of headway last night making a decent shop
area in my garage, where I can sanely rebuild an engine (and a couple old
bikes I acquired).  Of course now I have a lot more room for tools, than I
have tools to fill it.  This is a problem I will have to fix... *sigh*

Thanks,
-rf