RE: arm restraints

To: "'Scott Cowle'" <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: arm restraints
From: "Mike Meierle" <mike.meierle@alcatel.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:14:13 -0800
It is possible for the arm restraint strap to slip under the lever of a
Duckbill type locking mechanism. Some people (I guess) were putting Tape
over the lever to keep the strap from getting under it. I personally don't
want anything in the way of my release when I go to "bail out". I adjust my
arm restraints to where I can just reach the furthest control in the car
(shifter) everything else(switches/firebottle releases)are within finger tip
reach of the steering wheel.

Mike M.