RE: Turbinator Granted First "Wheel-Driven" Honors / Special

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Turbinator Granted First "Wheel-Driven" Honors / Special
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 00:10:05 -0600
Jim:
I didn't miss the point.  I thought it was clever that you picked-up on the
"penultimate" gaff(?).  You missed MY meaning.  To me, the SCTA records are
THE world land speed records. The "ultimate".  I'm one of those who doesn't
"give a fig" about FIA (at least, w/respect to LSR).

Perhaps my snicker was too subtle?
Russ, #1226B

p.s.-- nice to know, at least, that Louise is helping them update their
records (from before WW-II, I suspect) and getting them "on the net".
Wonder how many people are on their list w/o a "knighthood" and/or a few
million pounds in the bank?  Well, at least Don V. will be-- but THAT ain't
what made him great!