Re: SCTA motorcycle modified wheelbase

To: Joe Amo <jkamo@rap.midco.net>, "LSR List"
Subject: Re: SCTA motorcycle modified wheelbase
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 15:28:02 -0500
> thats great...
> fine I will play the game
*I know what you mean Joe.... sometimes it seems that way. I look at as I
 play my own game and when something like this happens I change my own rules
 a little to fit, that way I don't feel like anyone else is making my choices
 for me and it's easier to keep a level head.

> I was being an idiot the last 10 yrs with
> my bike at 68 ", because the rule
> WAS 72" max for modified( for like 30+ yrs)
> guess I will run my chain tight for altered class
> and loose for modified class
*Exactly... and you're already in a good place then too. I have already did
 my drawings for this and will remachine my swingarm/airtank as neccesary
 (luckily lowering my front end helped quite a bit also) to be able to go
 from 67.25" to 68.75" using an adjustable chain tensioner and redo my tail
 section to fit(don't forget the tail(rear fender) can't stick beyond a
 vertical line of the rear most edge of the rear tire for SCTA). Gotta do
 what we gotta do.... asess and overcome!
 I thought I was good at it until i met Debbie and Dad Land <-- masters of
 overcoming obsticals in life.

Todd Dross