Milk Floats

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Milk Floats
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:08:53 -0400
Looks as though we Brits will get this class sewn up.

Rules are being framed that racers must start with a production Milk Float
vehicle - and there are some new designs being made today.  The windscreen
and frontal area are retained as 'standard production'.  They will not have
to carry the bottles of milk during the attempt or even the modern carton!

I do not know why we say 'floats' but if someone will stand me an Irish
Coffee next time I'm at Bonneville (Wendover) I will not object.  (Must say
I do not like Baileys - Jim knows I drink a form of warm beer.

Even with electric motor power and batteries there are already bragging
rights for the designs to be 100mph potential!  No jets or rockets allowed
- not even an infernal combustion engine.

In time there could be a short film available of whatever happens at the
first event.  As news filters out I will let you all know.

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.