Help the FIA & Land Speed Racers

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help the FIA & Land Speed Racers
From: "Landspeed Louise Ann Noeth" <landspeedlouise@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:50:07 -0700
IF YOU WISH TO HELP UPDATE THE FIA WORLD SPEED RECORD LISTINGS

The specific help would be identifying any errors and omissions in the
current list AND providing correct data, including any substantiation for
the listing.

For instance:

The Summers Brothers 409.277mph record with Goldenrod is listed in Category
A, Class 11, but in Group I, which is a turbocharged designation. This is
incorrect. The proper listing is Group II because it is common knowledge and
part of the public record that the record-setting Chrysler engines were
normally aspirated.

OR

In Category A, Group I, Class 9, the record is listed as 357.472 mph, but
there is no name associated with the listing. Charlie Markley was kind
enough to inform me that this record belongs to Harry Hoffman, Jr. who in
1992 drove the DeSoto-powered Hoffman-Markley streamliner. The
substantiation for this record is in the form of the FIA certificate which
hangs on Mr. Markley's wall at home.

It is not enough to simply make a claim, there must some form of supporting
documentation. This can be newspaper, or magazine news clippings, references
from books, copies of time slips, or FIA certificates. Memories are not good
enough, but can be useful in tracking down proof by pointing in the right
direction.

Every claim will be reviewed and verified before being submitted to
ACCUS/FIA for change. The intention is to come out the other end with an
up-to-date, comprehensive world speed record listing for ALL flying start
records in the mile and the kilometer.

Speedy Regards,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth

LandSpeed Productions

"Telling stories with words and pictures"

www.landspeedproductions.biz

This e-mail including any files attached is intended for the addressee only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or trade secret confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy
or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original
message. Thank you for your cooperation.