Capability of 'FIA appointed' personnel

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Capability of 'FIA appointed' personnel
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:34:50 -0400
List

I find the description of the lack of prepardness of officials representing
the FIA at your events in the US so different from here in the UK, that it
seems to me that we could be talking about two different organisations.
Hardly the co-ordinated group that the FIA is meant to stand for around the
world.

Clearly, if you have not had any good experiences, even when racers want
FIA recognition, then Louise and others will have their work cut out trying
to alter perceptions and views in the US.

Looks as though we could be in for 'funtimes' on the North African salt
flat later this year when a UK team tries for a new electric record, unless
I can take the UK 'team' with me......... At least I know the FIA record
speeds and an electric vehicle just need weighing at 'impound' after any
succesful runs!

We have no SCTA/BNI or USFRA or ECTA over here so we have to live with
'them' - I can see why Dan and Glen are with the US racers who do not need
them - we do as there is no alternative.

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England