Vibrators and choices / Dang little LSR

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vibrators and choices / Dang little LSR
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:16:52 -0500
    Some of you  may remember the woes I have had over the years associtated
with a table vibrator used in my business.... surfice it to say that I was
always left with a choice.... Go Racing... or fix the vibrator
permanently... well I always chose to weld another stick of angle iron on it
in those days... hey I could Race or I could build Vibrating tables...  Hmmm
not much of a choice eh?

So anyway to back fill y'all in on the current situation... I just
recognized that evertime I try and fix something properly it messes up....
I'm on my 5th correctly designed High dollar vibrator... and guess which one
is still chugging along?  Yep... the old junk one... made from an old air
compressor that lost a head gasket... I just added a bit of weight to the
big pulley on one side and walla... it shakes the table....shakes so good it
shakes itself apart bout once a quarter... requiring the requisit new angle
iron here and there...   I finally had to get rid of the air compressor head
portion of this as it finally wore the bearings slam out.... seems after it
threw the rod out the side the oil didn't stay in as well as it could
have.... ( keep in mind it worked fine for 3 yrs with a hole in the side of
the block )

Okay now I'm back to the same choices... I need to work on the race car but
I've got the new Hyper fancy table project in the shop... this one is
mounted with 4 airbags... ( #16 Firestone with an installed height of 3" by
the way )  Course there is the new Vibrator out of Cougar industries.... (
Trust me I'm making a mount for the old one... LOL can't help myself... I
know it's going to work )

Vibrator table... Race car?.... hmmmm   Okay the table gets exactly one more
day and then I'm going to fix that Nasty Distributor so I can go racing next
weekend.... ( hopefully without the fire's this time )...

Dang ain't life full of choices....  decisions decisions decisions... I feel
like a mutt looking at three fire hydraunts....

Keith