Re: Wilcap

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wilcap
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:47:02 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/2003 8:17:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
lsr_man@yahoo.com writes:

> Does anybody know if Wilcap is still doing business?  With the untimely
> passing of the Capannas not so long ago, I had just assumed that the
> company closed down.  I was doing an internet search for a hemi adapter the
> other day and when the Wilcap site came up, I could swear that it was an
> updated site. Dick JIn East Texas

    As I recall from conversations with the late Clem TeBow, he advised me
when I first met him in the early 80's that Tony Capanna had passed the
business to an employee named Harry when he retired.
    I seem to recall that I purchased some Flatty steel main caps from Harry
that were the left-over inventory from the Capanna era. When those were gone
Harry talked about Tony's son starting production of the caps again but that
never happened.
    I then had a local CNC shop make me a few sets as well as a center main
block support girdle. People started buying what I originally intended for my
own use, thus my backing into the cottage business of Flatty Foundation
Necessities.
    For all I know Harry or someone he turned the business over to is still
operating. At one time Harry was making steel racing flywheels and a few
other specialty items.
                                Ardun Doug King