Maxton and Data Acq

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maxton and Data Acq
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:39:46 -0500
Well the second meet at Maxton this year was another unqualified success....
wonderful weekend with great folks.... even Jon and Nancy came down from the
great white north...  There was the requisit rain which didn't hurt a thing
and of course the track didn't much care one way or the other... once it
stopped we simply dried the track and ran our little hearts out....

Tonya had the driving chores handled pretty well... she ran 4 passes the
best three at 167-169.010... always getting just a tick faster...  The Data
acquisition was interesting Saturday evening....    We had been
concentrating on getting positive shifts through each of the gears.  Each
meet she's become more and more comfortable and each time she's gotten a bit
faster...

With the throttle position sensor and the RPM you can tell exactly how and
when she's physically making the imputs... it was amazing to watch the times
come down...  last meets gear changes took about 6 tenths of a second...and
this meet she was down to .37... so she's really getting a handle on how to
get this car down the course under power... additionally the throttle
position sensor was stuck in each of the gears at 100 percent...   right up
to the end of the course on the last pass where I noticed it came back to
95%... we got to talking about it and found that when the Shift light came
on... it kinda grabbed her attention and she relaxed a bit on the throttle
pressure...  the car was also decelerating slightly in the last half of the
traps... awesome bit of information if your trying to squeeze the last bit
of Mph out of a car...

All and all a great time... no harm no foul... everything came home in one
piece and I think most folks enjoyed it without having to post substantial
bails...

Keith ( dang girl is going to kill my budget buying tires... seems she likes
that wheel spin off the line... whew... )