2 Club and some Maxton stuff

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2 Club and some Maxton stuff
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:38:26 -0400
Hello from 'way up north.  Nancy and I just got back to Marquette an hour
ago -- 44 degrees, and still a couple of snowbanks here and there.  83
yesterday on the way back to Charlotte from Laurinburg, and we got to use
the A/C in the rental car.

Don't you folks down south get tired of sweating so early in the year?

Is there an email address for the Bonneville 2 Club?  It's time to look into
the minimums that we might need to exceed this season to get a hat or two.
I see in the rulebook to call or fax Roy Fjastad (and how does one pronounce
that name??), but wonder if there's an electronical address I could use.

Or, failing that, what're the minimums in M/PS/G & F 1350 motorscooter
classes out there?

This past weekend Scott Guthrie did a 215 and got fast time of the meet, he
told me, on a bike wearing some of the bodywork that I've got on mine this
season.  That's a good sign.

We've shelved the turbo idea on Nancy's bike -- the cost started
skyrocketing out of reason, and so we'll just flog the bike in the M/PS/G
250 class and have some cheap fun.  Maybe I'll keep the blower handy for
some later date, though. . .  Got an idea lurking in the far recesses of my
mind.

Keith was well-behaved at Friday night supper -- only hit on one waitress,
and with Tonya and Nancy sitting in the same booth he wasn't too hard on the
poor lady.

The rain wasn't all that bad Saturday -- it gave Nancy an excuse to make a
couple of passes up and down the track in the rental car (to help dry the
surface), so when she's sitting on a bike next month at least she'll have
had an introduction to the pavement.  Keith let her steer his car when he
towed it down to the start line, too.  Not much, but you've gotta get every
bit of experience you can, however it presents itself.

We're going to try to do some announcing on a newly-acquired PA system at
Maxton next time (sorta a la Ron Christensen), too, so please please DO fill
out the racer/vehicle information form that we hope to provide to all.
It'll give me something important to talk about (instead of having to
comment on firesuit color and other mental detritus).

Finally:  I took a coupla photos and will try to get Wendy to publish 'em in
the BRNews.  Grib's new XR4Ti looked real tasty, the Crosley that used to be
a Banana lakester was introduced, Clem Roberts was there as a spectator
watching (who was it?) with a slick Hyundai Tiburon that pushed near too
130, I think, Bob Hustler's T-bird looked real fine, indeed, Thomas Cronan
"In the Middle Racing" had a ball with his Honda Rebel 250 (probably got the
"most runs of the event" title, at least on fella made the 2 Club on his
bike (I'll eventually figger out who it was), and so on.

Gotta go do some work for a few minutes.

Jon
Seldom Seen Slim, but this weekend seen quite a bit.