Tech Vs Social questions...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tech Vs Social questions...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 04:33:42 -0500
    I haven't covered this for a while so here goes...

We have two kinds of folks on the list... some that are here for the
information avalible and some that are here for the pure social aspects of
the list.  Take Katie ( Young Cortez... )  she's here just to hang out with
her buddies... hear what's going on and make a few new freinds to add to her
enjoyment of the sport....   Land Speed Racing is like any thing... the more
you get to know folks the more you can share in the joy of thier
accomplishments as they take place.  This is where the Migratory Tuesday
night Salt talks party takes place.  Then all through speedweek... we can
look in Warnerville ( impound ...I'm going to find that place one day ) and
see our freinds and because of our increased knowledge ... each of us has
the abilty to increase our enjoyment of the event by sharing....

    Ahhh then we gots us that infamous Tech side... and this we can break
down into as many catagory's as we have racers... obviously this isn't
Nascar.  we are all different and it's up to us to enjoy the difference
rather then beat the other fella up for being clueless...    What we have
here is one of the greatest opportunitys in the world for sharing
information about our sport and automotive in general....  Guys like Dave...
Tom ... Doug ... So on and so forth...  got an automotive question...
someone has the answer...

The key is to participate...  we don't care how well you spell or type...
Content is king...     If you haven't posted to the list yet... take a
second and introduce yourself and tell us breifly what brought you to the
sport... what in particular interests you... and your backround.... you will
be facinated with how many folks share your common interests...

I've enjoyed writing this cause it's the first time I've done it without the
usual spat that preceeds it....  but common sense applies... if you don't
agree with something be polite and disagree... if it's personal take it off
the list... if you want to beat up Glen.... simply feel free... and by all
means use the list.  Ultimately.... use the delete key.... it's much easier
then making a fool of the guy who wrote that worthless answer to the last
post....  and quite frankly I've written some blistering comments... then
simply hit the delete button rather then send it.... ( it always makes me
feel good )

Archives are avalible on the bottom of the list in that silly Trailer that
you have to delete as you edit the reply to a list e-mail...

Keith ( thanks to each of you who share in all of this... what a wonderful
place... now tell me.... ain't life Grand? )( you would smile too if you
bought a 200 dollar Firesuit... even if it happened to be Purple!!! )