Leftover Motels

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Leftover Motels
From: Tom Shannon <saltfevr@xmission.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 17:36:48 -0600
Neil;

As mentioned already, the campground "at the Bend in the road" is the
RV "Free" campground. Be warned though, the youngens' with their atv's,go
karts,mini bikes,and firecrackers go till past 10PM!. Before you know
it,its sunrise,and the endless caravan for 7Am record return runs,begins
when Dave Newby opens up the "lands end" gate around 6A. I made res. as
late as July last yr for Speedweek at the Rainbow,one of the largest. But
be prepared for at least $100/nite. Whatever you decide, come to
the "Kingdom of Speed" Once the speed needle is in your arm, you can't get
it out, and your "addicted".I'm sure you know that the rv rental places
raise the rates considerably during Summer. I entertained the idea briefly.

Besides camping alongside the infamous "Dr Flame -O_-" is priceless at the
bend in the road. If you strike out making Wendover res.,Just west of the
Salt Lake airport,(2 hrs from Bville I-80) there are at least 7 motels.
They include Hilton,La Quinta,Holiday & Days Inn,Marriot, and Super 8.And
Comfort Inn gives racers discounts(local dragstrip nearby)
Also Neil, 1 hr east of Bville,off I-80,the two towns of Tooele & Lakepoint
have 3-4 motels. email me off line if you need further help,with tel #'s.

Good luck
Tom Shannon
Magna, Utah