Maxton - my perspective (pt 1)

To: "LSR Mailing" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maxton - my perspective (pt 1)
From: "dahmurf" <dahmurf@dahmurf.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 07:52:35 -0500
(this list hates me, here's try #3, part 1)
Meet was great for me! Some of my highlights include
- The first vehicle I saw run down the track when I arrived Saturday was Sam
Samson's car. I had to do a double take & then went on with - wasn't that
Sam's car, how, who, what... ?! What a great surprise to see they're going on
with the quest! I really dig that!
- The diesel truck was awesome running down the track! Low quiet & fast!
Awesome to watch!
- Being at the very end of the shut down track & seeing Tonya whip that car
around the hairpin turn at the end at what seemed like 35mph (all the while
going shit I hope she see's me & the pit bike at the edge of the concrete!
hehehe) It's a whole other perspective from that vantage point! I'm impressed
to say the least!
- Seeing Lee run Thomas' "In The Middle Racing" 250 Rebel to 90mph! Probably
the most exciting record I saw all weekend. It's just something about pushing
those small cc engines to respectable speeds - not to mention how excited the
team was!