Bike update (longish)

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bike update (longish)
From: "Dana" <dana@goulston.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 19:49:41 -0700
OK, all you guys and gals have been sending updates, so I figure it's time
for me:

[80 GS-450, Modified Frame]
500cc, custom web-cams, 1-off Arias high-domes, Manley St-St race valves w.
swirl-back finish, HD race valve springs, race clutch (don't know why), lost
of frame mods (too many to list). Chopped 3.5" off the forks.

I just finished installing the spaghetti-harness for the MegaSquirt EFI. It
was fun. I used water-tight connectors for the TPS, the O2 sensor, the Air
temp sensor, and the water temp sensor (no coolant, so I made an AL clamp
that rested inside the engine fins and conducted the heat right to the
sensor). BTW, if anyone is thinking EFI, the MS kit's directions are
FANTASTIC and very easy to follow. They even list the parts and suppliers
for all the other stuff you need.

I mounted the EFI box on rubber bushings and made it salt/dust tight with a
high-tech Ziploc baggie.

I installed the fuse box, ground terminal strip (16 ground wires in total),
and all the electrics.

Tommaseli clip-ons (XYZ axes).

Remaining:

Still need to secure the clamp holding the throttle-bodies, finish the
seat/tank/tail section with in-tank fuel pump (off a 76 Buick Electra), fuel
pump relay, mount the steering damper, and fix that damn trailer flat and
weld on a 2nd safety chain.

I also need to get the old 95 Exploder checked out.

I ordered my Revlight tach strip today. Looks neat on-line.

Target is July at the Lakes. If I'm not done, I'll run my (mildly hopped-up)
street bike (90 GS-500) to keep current and get my fix. It's funny, the GS's
grab rail is too high for modified frame, so I had to remove it. Bike still
needs a damper and I need to get metal valve stems.

No salt for me this year :^(

I'll post some new pics on the web-site soon.

Dana (seeing the light at the end of the tunnel ... oh, wait, that's the
search lights from Folsom prison -- wonder who they're looking for ...
what's that siren?).