RE: Aero engined LSR cars

To: "Malcolm Pittwood" <MPittwood@compuserve.com>,
Subject: RE: Aero engined LSR cars
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 04:36:51 -0500
Malcolm:
you lucky devil!

(Actually, I'll bet that luck has little to do with it; you seem to have put
a lot of effort into the sport, and have "worked yourself into" these
opportunities.  Congratulations.)

Seems like "Thunderbolt" was the name of a Brit lsr car from a bygone era--
Seagrave's, maybe?

Also-- considering the traditional Bentley naming convention-- shouldn't
this new car be called a "Speed TWELVE"--???LoL

I would congratulate you (as a Brit) on the Bentley's fine 1-2 at Le Mans--
but then, Bentley is no longer a British marque, is it.  (Those Germans make
some excellent machines, but I don't see how Germans could make a REAL
Bentley. IMHO)

Have fun at Millbrook.  Wish I could be there with you-- maybe share an ale
or two.  Unfortunately, this can't be my year for England.
Russ, #1226B