An Excellent Die Grinder

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: An Excellent Die Grinder
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 10:01:07 -0700 (PDT)
I don't know about you, but I go through die grinder cut-off discs like a
college student goes through free pizza.  This morning, I was working on a set
of headers and needed a small grinder.  I searched high and low for my little
stone, but couldn't find it.  I noticed the pile of quarter-sized cut-off disc
leftovers on the floor and got an idea.  I searched through my nut and bolt
bin, found a short bolt that was the right size to fit the center hole in the
cut-off discs and that would thread into my mandrel.  I picked up six of the
little dead discs and stacked them all onto the bolt, then threaded it into my
mandrel.  I used that "emergency" grinding wheel to cleanup the welds on the
headers, but more than that, I found it to be the fastest grinding and longest
lasting small grinder I've ever used.  I will no longer throw those little
quarter-sized leftovers away.  Try it, you will be surprised.

Dick J in East Texas

Yeah, I know, somebody out there is laughing their head off thinking they've
been doing that since 1943!  But hey, it was a new idea to me!