A very nice article on a very nice man...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: A very nice article on a very nice man...
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:23:14 +0000
          appears in the latest issue of the GOODGUY's Gazette.

Congratulations Landspeed Louise. A very nice piece.

-a short "AL story" of my own;

Whilst having dinner with one of MY personal "heroes", Bill Burke, during
the 50th Speedweek, AL sauntered over to talk to (I'm willin' to bet) one of
HIS "heroes" ,Bill, and he begins to discuss his breaking the ago old
Markley Bros record by just a wee bit....  -and that he felt bad about it,
because he really wanted it to 'count" (my description of his demeanor...)
by going faster than he did...

( if memory serves it was around 368ish...  I forget the exact class -thats
what I get for getting older. Hey whatdoya want,  -that was almost FIVE
years ago.    Wow... time flies )

So Bill, (and I of course agreed ) told AL that a "record is still a record
-no matter how much faster"...  but AL wouldn't be comforted.      To him it
"was'nt right"  (my quotes here")

A class act.

All the way.

No matter what.

That is "our" AL Teague.                   I'm dam proud to say I know him.

Signin' off,-it's your pal,"Dirt Track Doug"     ...STILL in exile, in
So-New YaWK

  (but REALLY looking forward to going back to Speedweek this year!   Say
there , Louise, I'm looking forward to meeting you in person! )