RE: Bike number plates

To: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>, "Dana" <dana@goulston.net>,
Subject: RE: Bike number plates
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 10:48:38 -0400
I think I sent a response to Dana once, but maybe it was caught in my
computer troubles last week.

Please keep not only the rulebook in mind when putting numbers on race
vehicles -- also remember Ron Christensen (and me) up in the announce tower.
We like to tell everyone on Radio 1610 about the next racer -- and some
numbers are damn near impossible to read from the tower, even with
binoculars.  I use big easy-to-see chrome numbers that I have the guy at the
sign shop cut for me on his computer.  You can see 'em for many yards.

     Jon and Nancy Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
#436   Marquette, Michigan   #1478
      (that's way up North)