Re: Rust Protection

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Rust Protection
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 12:19:56 -0700
Dick
1 QT of oil mixed with 1 gal of paint thinner. Use a hudson spreyer or other
brand to soak the bottom side of the truck & trailer. Use salt X or salt
away when you get home along with the sprinkler rinse, prey for rain on the
way home this really helps. I ordered salt X from their web site and had oit
in less then a week. By the way if you have electric brakes on the trailer
it's a good idea to pull the drums and do a good cleaning on them as well
and use a die electric grease on the connections, goes for the trailer plug
as well. All this stuff tends to turn green and becomes a great Wendover
locktite on other moving parts. Clean up is a bitch and necessary. It may
take several cleanings and  in six months a chunk of salt will show up in
your drive way. Usually blamed on Keith.
Glen