FW: Headin' South ... or not ...

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Headin' South ... or not ...
From: "Dana" <dana@goulston.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:10:08 -0700
Here's a kick in the butt!

Running around doing last minute grocery purchases, and the Exploder starts
to complain when cranking over (104+ outside).

Well I figure the battery is about due, so I run down to the local Auto
parts store and do the quickie swap. No change. Sometimes it starts right
up, sometimes a slight lag.

I decide to go anyway and hook up the trailer and load up the truck. While
picking up the Mr. Boy on the way out, the beast doesn't start at all.
Battery has good volts, so I figure the starter decided to expire. After
about 5 minutes, it barely cranks over, and I go back home :^(

Rent a little Toyota, off load everything and will leave in the morning for
LA anyway. I'll head out to the lake bed Sunday and probably pull a patrol
while there.

Could be worse ... coulda died during the 400 mile trek South.

Drat!

Dana