Production?

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Production?
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 06:51:34 -0700
Does an engine still qualify as a "production engine" if it was commonly
sold
as standard in the same body style but only in a different country? (i.e.
not
the US).

I am looking to run a production coupe that is commonly available in the US
with a junk motor but with an engine that was offered as standard equipment
in
the same body in Japan, not the US. Our engine was a PIG but the one put in
the same car for the Japanese domestic market was great.

Anybody have any info on this?
In all of the Production classes the entrant must provide suitable
documentation validating their claim as to the legality of a part bring
accepted as Production. The basic criteria is that the package must be
available for purchase to anyone through an authorized dealer.

Bottom line, supply the paperwork and you have an excellenct chance of being
able to compete in the Production classes.

Dan Warner