RE: speedweek/traction and slippage

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: speedweek/traction and slippage
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 08:05:26 -0500
Bill:
if I'd been there, I would have bought the cigar for him.  He's been a major
inspiration for a generations of LSR bikers.

You might remember the night I visited you and we had a good "bench-racing"
gab around your Black Lightning replica-- that I proposed taking it through
the traps at Bonneville, in "superman" position, like Rollie did so many
years ago.

Seriously, though-- I'm not as fit as Rollie was in '49 (he wasn't yet 30, I
think), and I doubt if I could lay-out flat like that for 3 minutes!  Might
be difficult for you, too.

I'll bet Joe Amo could do it, though.  (Maybe Glen would just look the other
way for a few minutes--??)
Russ, #1226B