Re: rotary records

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: rotary records
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:33:25 -0400
I see two from Racing Beat one in '78 and one in '86.. Is there anyway to track
entries in those classes to see if anyone is currently trying to break the
record. i did notice that the E PS record is a good deal faster than either one
as are some of the Roadster records. I don't remember seeing many 3.01L to 4.26L
GT cars built either that have a small frontal area and with the no engine swap
rule how do get a reasonable engine body combination that uses a competitive E
engine. A good example as well is Sundowner at 227 with a D/BGT. I think a 911
porsche is the only one and i am not so sure i would want to race a rear engine
GT car there without a bunch of weight added up front to slow it down. Do you
have any examples of a front engine GT car that is in the 3.01 to 4.26 Liter
range and they made over 500 of them?? Most engines of that size come in Touring
cars rather than GT types or they physically will not fit in a GT car of the
same make.. So maybe the rules have made that one car competitive in that one
class??
Dave