Some Assy Required...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Some Assy Required...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:38:34 -0700
Well, today I installed the fuel cell and tranny cooler. Still need to add a
ground wire from the cell to the frame (per instruction with cell).
Installed the front air dam, less 9 each  5/16 bolts nuts and washers. Spent
2 hours getting tape adhesive off the seat using lots of nice words,
installed the rear mounted water tank and battery box along with the
strongback mounting beam (this is botled through the rear frame horns with 4
7/16 grade 8 bolts) and the rear starter solenoid. Skip dropped by and made
an important copmment about some bolts I had installed incorrectly so fixed
that also. Set the seat into place so I can work out the scheme for
parachute release lever or maybe just a "D" ring. have the fire bottle mount
securely screwed down.

After finishing the air dam and ground wire tomorrow, I am going to build up
a dummy motor and tranny so I can finalize some of the other make items. I
have a good thrash going...If I just had a real mule motor and
tranny...sigh..

I did take half a roll of film today so by friday I should have the rest of
the roll done. WIll post temporarily on my web site for review..

mayf