Fuel Pump relay

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Pump relay
From: "Dana" <dana@goulston.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:42:35 -0700
Hi all,

My EFI schematic (MegaSquirt) calls for a fuel pump relay which "talks" to
the EFI system. I'm assuming it's so that the high current (10A fuse)
doesn't pass through the circuit board. There's also a priming circuit for
starting.

My question is this:

Do I really need a fuel pump relay, or can I just switch the fuel pump on
prior to starting, and off when done, making sure I use a properly rated
SPST toggle switch on the handle bar (I'll also have f/p on/off in series
through the dead-man switch).

Seems simple to me, and I can't see why the EFI needs to know the state of
the fuel pump for LS.

Dana