Re: Turbos?

To: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Subject: Re: Turbos?
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 05:03:01 -0400
If you have done your job correctly.. There is more boost than back pressure. An
exhaust housing of the correct size and design goes a long way to getting this
done as well. Tangental divided housings are generally my favorite, sized for
the engine sppeds of interest and not gettig too greedy with the bottom end
power. You don't need full boost from 3000 to 8000. Any well designed
transmissio will keep you in a 2500 to 3000 wide rpm band. If you are building a
grocery getter then the rpm band is wider and cam overlap is less, just like on
a N/A engine...
Dave