Re: Bob Hope... ( non Lsr )

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Bob Hope... ( non Lsr )
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:23:07 -0700
They just don't make 'em like that anymore.... I had the
priviledge of seeing him at the Da Nang show in 1969. Was
watching a show on him last nite & he reflected that "Dodge
City" was the toughest show each year... Marines are not known
for their sensitivity. Even though he was boo'ed long and loud
over one poor joke about Nixon promising to have us home for
Christmas, he bounced back & did a great show. Heck, we even
had to boo Neil Armstrong over a racial slip...See I told you
Marines are a tough gig ;-) Anyway, he was from the Hollywood
old school that loved and supported the US and the people that
defended it. I think today's Hollywood elite has been
breathing too much smog....... God Speed Bob.
Ed