Re: Hoover Dam Hazmat access?

To: Tom Shannon <saltfevr@xmission.com>
Subject: Re: Hoover Dam Hazmat access?
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:25:13 -0700
Here's the deal:
For a full list of "rules" go to:

http://www.usbr.gov/lc/hooverdam/traffic.htm

It doesn't mention race trailers so I talked to the dam cops
and they said "no problem" as long as available for
inspection. As for fuel he said " NO BULK FUEL " but when I
tried to pin him down to exact amount he was vague, saying
"not a lot" I did ask him about 10 gallons specifically and he
said that would be no problem. The last 4 times I have crossed
the dam with my enclosed trailer, they have had me open it up,
given it a cursory look-see, and let me on my way with no
problems. They are currently on condition yellow. If something
was to happen, or if we go to condition red, I would call
first. The number on the web-site  888-248-1259  is a
toll-free recording of current alert status, traffic & delays.
 To talk to the Hoover Dam Police about a specific
circumstance, call 702-294-3532.

See ya on the salt,
Ed