Re: On The Road Again

To: Katie Young Cortez <drylakercr@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: On The Road Again
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 06:26:32 -0700 (PDT)
Katie Young Cortez <drylakercr@mindspring.com> wrote:... ... this traveling
with a 1 year old sure extends the trip--but it sure is fun raising a future
racer!

Katie, just wait until she makes her first run and it will all be worth it.  My
daughter couldn't wait until she was sixteen so she could get on the track.  I
still get choked up thinking of her making a record run at Maxton on her
sixteenth birthday!  Now, she has graduated from high school, and all the guys
where she works are amazed when she uses terms like "altered", "comp coupe" or
"fuel".  She has a favorite shirt that has a logo which says "Drive like a Girl
- - -Don't you wish"  and she always wears it the day immediately after she
wears her Maxton Record Holder shirt.  Now she wants me to help her drop a big
block into her lowered 79 Chev pickup so she can show her boyfriend how to
drive at the local drag strip!

Have a save trip - -enjoy!
Dick J
In East Texas