Heading out for Salt Talks ...

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heading out for Salt Talks ...
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:31:09 -0600
I forgot to mention I saw Doug "Boogie Woogie" Anderson on the salt along
with Neil Albaugh and his wife.  Met Keith's "helper" Tanya and can't
understand why a cute, pleasant lady like her would ever consent to hang out
with him.  Just no accounting for some people and their tastes.  Speaking of
that, Glen invited me to visit the timing "shack" when I had a quick visit
with he and Mike Manghelli right after the drivers meeting.

The pits are three rows wide with some doubling up in the center row.  They
are also at least 8/10 of a mile long.  and the concessions, impound and
inspection are another .3 miles long.  Bring your walking shoes mayf.
Keith, Ed and Gribble are about in the center on the track side.  Tom Bryant
has his pit on the mountain side of the center row near the middle of the
pits.  The Amo boys are on the mountain side, 2/3 of the way down the length
of the pits.

More on Monday night after I get back home.  It's a 90 minute drive from my
home in Salt Lake City.  I'll be going back out to the salt early on
Wednesday morning.  The forecast is for highs in the low 90's which will be
better.

Wes