George Nelson

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: George Nelson
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:01:47 -0600
Found a typo when I reported on George's replacing the heads on his truck
engine ... Said We when it should have been He.  I looked at that engine
while George was changing into new coveralls to start work and didn't even
find the heads for five minutes under all the tubing and turbochargers.

That stock bodied '65 Peterbuilt is a 13 second, 98 MPH drag truck.  He uses
around eighty gallons of water as ballast over the rear tires.  It turned
over 157 MPH on the salt ten years ago, running for a record in the Highway
Heavy Hauler class.

I wonder if he could lower his push bar low enough to push Jack Costella's
new 50 cc liner?

Wes