Aaaahhhh, Speed Week...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Aaaahhhh, Speed Week...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:42:18 -0700
Just rolled into the garage a few minutes ago. To updat Keith and Tonya and
their adventure. First was a broken pinion shaft in the diff. Borrowed a
diff from one of the other racers.Installed it. Removed the first 1.75"
wickerbill from the spoiler and qualified. When I got there Monday
afternoon, Dave and pit crew were just hanging because the car was in
impound. Got up bright an dearly and made the return run. 234 or so. Back to
Warnerville for displacement and fuel check. Yee HA! Good to go. And get
this folks...Keith is absolutely speechless for a good solid 2 hours! No
words at all. BAck to the pits after the presentation. New gear set goes
back into the car. Made a quick calc on the second wickerbill..I guestimetd
about 241 with that thing gone. Ran again with second wickerbill gone and
new gears. Yee Ha again... requalified on his new-old record. Back to
impound. Up again at dark thirty. Second or so in line...good air....247 +
in the last mile...249.1+ out the back door! New record is 246.555 mph. Was
222 before Keith got there.

And guess what? The car is on one piece, motor runs really good...they
didn't even pull a plug to look at any time I was there. It just ran!
Congratulations to Dave Dahlgren, Ted Wenz and Keith.

Tonya was gonna drive but the had trouble getting her comfortable in the car
so she decided that shee needed to be comfortable and safe. She might have
beaten on Keith a tad had she driven...

I am sure that KT and Tonya will have lots to say about this...so forgive me
if I jumped ahead a bit.

mayf