And another Speedweek wrap-up

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: And another Speedweek wrap-up
From: Bob Denton <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:35:09 -0700
I'm not sure where to begin. First of all I was only there for two days
because of prior commitments. They were two very full days. I met a ton
of people and missed an equal number. I really wanted to meet Dave
Thommsen and could never find his pit area. I walked the pits three
times.but to no avail.

Being a flathead owner, I was in hog heaven there. I did get to meet
Dave Dahlgren at KTs pits, saw Grib next door too. But the wildest thing
that happened was at the starting line. I started talking to two guys
from San Diego who were wearing San Diego Roadster Club shirts. The
roadster I am rebuilding was from that club many years ago so I asked if
they had a club historian, or the equivelent. They said no but sent me
to the far ends of the pits to meet Rick White (Nolan's son). They
thought he might know the car. Rick was at the impound with his car, it
turns out, but I met Russ Eyers who just so happened to have owned my
car and knew its complete history. The little roadster was named
"Mother's Cookies" and ran Bonneville and all the So Cal lakes fifty
years ago. He is sending me all the details and pictures of it. This
made my trip more than worthwhile and very exciting.

A few days ago, I found an incredible airbrush artist on the internet,
www.airbrushguy.com, and he is doing a Vargas style pinup with a plate
of cookies along with the car name on the aluminum cover over the front
of the deuce grill. This will be on matte black. The rest of the car is
being painted Porsche Guard's Red. It's getting exciting.

I want to make a cooling system like KT's. Anyone got any ideas? His
uses a 12v. pump, pressurized, and an aluminum radiator in an aluminum
tank filled with water.

Bob Denton (Now hooked forever on LSR)
Mother's Cookies #498 XF/GR